Resources | Information Collected
Caldwell Bank & Trust Company recognizes the importance our customers place on the privacy and security of their personal information. Our goal is to protect your personal information in every way that we interact with you, whether it's on the telephone, in our lobby, at one of our ATMs, or on the Internet.
Information Collected on the Internet
If you are just browsing through our website, we do not request any personally identifiable information , nor do we collect unique identifying information about you unless you voluntarily and knowingly provide us that information, such as when you send us an email or complete an application online. If you provide us this information, it is used only internally and in furtherance of the purpose for which it was provided.
As part of providing online financial products or services, we may obtain information about our customers and website visitors from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, emails, or other forms;
- Information you provide when you choose to customize our website;
- Information about your transactions with this institution and our affiliates;
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency; and
- Information that is generated electronically when you visit our website; and
- Information that is generated electronically when you use our Internet Banking Services.
Service providers hosting our website and our Internet banking service may collect information on our website visitors simply to help us provide banking and other financial services to you online. They collect the following information on our behalf for security and statistical purposes:
- The Internet address (referral site) which brought you to our web site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The name and version of your web browser;
- The Internet service provider you used when you accessed our site;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address; and
- The pages visited in our website.
Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are on the Internet. Web servers, the computers that "serve up" web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When collecting information for us, our service provider does not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; however, this Institution and its service providers may use IP addresses to audit the use of our site. We can and will us IP addresses to identify users when necessary for security purposes.
What is a Cookie?
Use of Information Collected
- We do not disclose non-public personal information except as permitted or required by law.
- In order to provide online services such as: Internet banking and bill payment, we must disclose certain customer account information to our service providers.
- We do not sell any of your personal information.
- We will not disclose any medical information that you provide, unless you specifically authorize its disclosure.
- We may disclose aggregate (not personally identifiable) customer information that we collect on our website to service providers, companies, and/or financial institutions that perform marketing and research services on our behalf and with whom we have joint marketing agreements. Our contracts require these service providers, companies and/or financial institutions to protect the confidentiality of your personal information to the same extent that we must do.